Estimators are responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of estimates for project bids and proposals and will also be involved in the day-to-day activities of construction.
- Quantify project components
- Visit project to understand site conditions/restrictions
- Work with the estimating team bidding the project to build the estimate, then price assigned items in.
- Communicating and collaborating with the designers through the Design Build process to optimize design.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of the estimate
- Provide accurate take-off
- Prepare electronic bid file
- Work on a preliminary project schedule based on the information provided in the plans and specifications.
- Leading the team to close the estimate
- Contact subcontractors, suppliers and specialty services for quotes
- Analyzing and entering quotes into Hard Dollar
- Coordinating with subcontractors about prospective work
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this position. The job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of residential construction techniques and production rates
- Knowledge of construction sequencing for schedule development
- Experience with managing a team of estimators to develop a complete and accurate estimate
- Flexibility with travel for assigned projects
- Minimum 7 years of experience as an Estimator working in all aspects of residential construction
- Bachelor s Degree or equivent experience preferred
- Local Area knowledge in construction methods, materials and suppliers is desired