The Project Architect/Designer will work collaboratively with principal architect. Must be capable of shifting gears quickly in a fast-paced team environment, and capable of describing process, direction and solutions while managing dozens of project details. Our company delivers a first-class client experience and innovative designs.
- Collect all project's initial information such as measuring, drafting as-built plans, obtaining appropriate zoning/planning data, coordinating the design effort with other consultants i.e. site surveyor, soils report engineer, structural engineer etc.
- Under the guidance of the Principal, develop all plans, drawings and documents not only to convey the proposed design concept but also with the objective of securing building permits as well as obtaining competitive construction estimates.
- Coordinate with all other consultants -i.e. civil and structural engineers- during the planning and development phases to ensure continuity and consistency.
- Conduct the plan check process with the local authorities, as required.
- The following are the skills expected of all applicants:
- A good understanding of the plan check and permitting process.
- You MUST have experience with local building and safety. You must be familiar with the requirements set forth to obtain building permits in Santa Clary and surrounding areas.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of three years of experience in the field of architecture, preferably focusing on residential projects.
- A degree in architecture or architectural design from an accredited institution
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (REQUIRED)
- Sketch-Up 3D rendering abilities (REQUIRED )
- Experience in a variety of projects and with all phases of design and construction
- Strong design and graphic skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Office, Excel, Powerpoint
- Proficiency in Adobe software
- Experience working with other consultants as aforementioned.
- Good presentation level and high degree of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be independent yet strive in an office environment and follow direction.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Professional appearance and work ethic
Fast paced work environment. Some travel involved. Applicants should have a portfolio and samples of work to be reviewed in the interview process.