The Superintendent will be responsible for the successful management of all aspects of construction projects including estimating, scheduling, budgeting, client and subcontractor relations, commitment documents, profitability and documentation. They shall be the liaison between the team and upper management providing support to the subs to get their said jobs completed while indirectly assisting other skilled trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available at job site in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all construction work performed is of the highest quality
- Assists in preparation of estimates and budgets with detailed written scopes of work
- Communicates with or manages communications with the customer.
- Attends or reviews attendance of others at project meetings.
- Communicate customer needs, changes and general thoughts to team members.
- Proactively contacts or manage proactive contact with Subcontractors and Production Managers/Working Foreman to discuss project(s).
- Coordinates and obtains Subcontract Agreements, Work Orders, Purchase Orders – regarding project
- Change Orders – Communicates with Production Managers of additional cost(s) is warranted due to change in scope of work and or owner or city request(s).
- Ensures that costs exceeding budget are passed to owner via change order.
- Generates appropriate owner correspondence, scheduling conflicts, weather delays, etc.
- Assists in negotiation of all subcontracts including analysis of bids to ensure that the subcontractor quote is complete; providing detailed written scope of work and pre-qualification of subcontractors as required.
- Assists in managing or review timing, quantities and condition of owner provided materials in relation to project schedule.
- Produces project schedule, trade coordination, monitors its progression with production managers to ensure that the project is completed on schedule.
- Obtains or arranges for all necessary permits and complies with all city and associated department requirements.
- Assists in supervising the activities of the project team to ensure compliance with company policies, safety standards and quality standards.
- Attends project Start-Up and Closeout meetings.
- Reviews for accuracy and approves all invoices associated with project in a timely manner.
- Reviews job cost report, at least monthly, to insure accuracy of costs in appropriate cost codes.
- Provides onsite inspections to ensure quality standards and safety practices are performed.
- Reviews and knows all plans and specifications to achieve the most cost-effective project as possible.
- Provides assistance to Senior Project Managers on various projects if necessary.
- Compiles a “Punch List”. Completes or manages the completion of the “punch list” to the customer’s Ensures that the customer signs off on the punch list at time of demobilization. Clean or manage the final cleanliness of the project sites.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this position. The job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Intermediate to Advanced level in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Internet, Email)
- Intermediate level understanding of digital images (how to open, view, customize and print them)
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize work assignments
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as team environment
- Ability to present in a professional manner and represent the company image
- Ability to work outside year-round in all types of weather conditions
- Available to work extended hours as required by project schedules, weather conditions or urgent circumstances
- Motor vehicle driving record that is consistent with Company and insurance carrier standards and policies
- Estimating experience, -A Plus
- Bilingual - Spanish - A Plus
- Local Area knowledge in construction methods, materials and suppliers is desired